“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
– 2 Chronicles 7:14
Good morning church! Let’s Spend at least 15min in prayer based on this passage:
• Father, we are Your people, called by Your name, and we will humble ourselves before You.
Perhaps consider kneeling or lying prostrate on the floor before God. These are two biblical postures of humility. Spend time naming and repenting of any lack of humility before Him – without guilt or shame.
• Lord Jesus, we are Your people, called by Your name, and we will pray. Take some time to confess prayerlessness and times when prayer has been your “last resort” instead of your first response. The value of the possession is seen in the intensity of the pursuit. Where have you not to properly valued Jesus and time with him. How can that change this season?
• Holy Spirit, we are Your people, called by Your name, and we will seek Your face. Confess times when you have sought after other things for your wisdom and counsel before the Lord, and/or when you have placed your trust in ________. The Holy Spirit was given as a gift to teach us, comfort us and to intercede for us. Take a moment to remember the Spirit is with you. – be still and listen:
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him,because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
– John 14:16-19
• Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we are Your people called by Your name. Right now we repent of these sins we have confessed before You: lack of humility, prayerlessness, and seeking other things, idols or gods before seeking Your face. We turn from our sin and ask for Your forgiveness.
We mean to turn towards You now, giving You our full attention. We will walk in humility. We will give ourselves to prayer. We will seek Your face and forsake lesser things in which we have placed our dependence.
• Lord God Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, we give You thanks for listening to our prayers. We thank you for the forgiveness that is now ours through Christ Jesus, and in faith we stand upon Your promise to heal.