Throughout month of January, we will be praying, fasting, and worshiping together with a dedicated focus to set the foundation and direction for the new year. These four weeks are designed to help us develop a greater hunger for God, and to seek His presence, power, and provision for our lives, church, and city through 2022.
Text “firstseek” 72345
to have daily prayer prompts
sent right to your phone
DAILY PERSONAL PRAYER / 15 MIN
We are inviting every person in our church to set aside 15 minutes each day to pray around a united set of directions. Starting Monday, see daily prompts at InOurTime.co or text “firstseek” to 72345 to have them sent straight to your phone.
DAILY MORNING PRAYER GATHERING
There is an option to come together with others for a structured time prayer. Join us every weekday morning on Zoom from 6:15-6:45am.
Fasting is the practice of sacrificing something in order to focus our attention on and increase our appetite for God. Fasting is a willing abstinence from food for a period of time. We live in a culture of excess – not only when it comes to food, but also in regard to luxury, material possessions, comfort, fame, and addiction. For so many of us, the desires of our body have come to hold power over us. In the battle with our “flesh,” we have become its slave, not its master.
Fasting is a dramatically counter-cultural practice to deny the flesh the basic necessity of food, and instead hunger after God alone. Fasting resets your focus, cultivates healthy spiritual disciplines, and increases your awareness of God.
TYPES OF FASTS:
- Full fast (no food, only liquids)
- Daniel Fast (eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Drink water and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables)
- Partial fast (fasting part of the day – for example, from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, or from sun up to sundown)
- INDIVIDUAL FAST: Commit to a specific week or days of that week: Take the first week of January to prepare and decide in advance how you might be called to fast.
- COMMUNAL FAST : Join our shared time of fasting by fasting two meals every Tuesday through First Seek. *See the Tuesdays section for invitations to pray that day
Each Tuesday we are inviting the whole church to fast and join a prayer gathering.
- 9am on Zoom
- 7:30pm in-person at 12 Basset St (Jan 18)
- Tuesday, January 18 – 7:30pm – 12 Bassett St
- Saturday, January 29 – 6:30pm – 15 Hayes St